Consultants in General Internal Medicine | Galway University Hospital - 03/07/2020
WE ARE HIRING 3 CONSULTANTS IN GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE FOR GALWAY UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Galway University Hospital requires 3 consultant doctors in general internal medicine for October-November 2020.
Galway University Hospitals, comprising of University Hospital Galway (UHG) and Merlin Park University Hospital (MPUH), provide a comprehensive range of services to emergency and elective patients on an inpatient, outpatient and day care basis across the two sites.
GUH play a leadership role in acute service delivery providing regional services for a wide range of specialities and is also a designated supra regional centre for cancer and cardiac services serving a catchment area in the region of one million people along the West from Donegal to Tipperary North.
UHG is a Model 4 hospital providing 24/7 acute surgery, acute medicine, and critical care.
GUH is recognised for Higher Medical Training in all specialities.
- Initial contract of 6 months up to 1 year with a possibility of extension after that.
- Approximate net monthly salary of 6500-7500€ net/month after tax and pension deductions for Consultant positions. Could have the possibility to earn more money through private patients attending the hospital. Typical long term Consultants in Ireland are earning in excess of 10.000€ net/month (approximately 200.000€ gross/year).
- 31 working days per Year holidays for Consultants+ public holidays (there is 9 in a year).
- 7 study days leave per year to attend conferences or further education for Consultants.
- Up to 3000€ for educational funding for Consultants.
- Lucrative pension scheme included of aprox. 1000€/month. If the doctor leaves Ireland in less than 2 years he can claim the lump sum back to his account (max. of aprox. 24,000€) if not he will get a pension when he reaches retirement age.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Should be a Specialist in General Internal Medicine inside the European Union.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English.
- It would be advisable, although not essential, that the doctor could have an interest in one or more of the following areas: respiratory medicine, cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, acute medicine or geriatrics.
- Good motivation to go to Ireland to work as a doctor as from October 2020.
All candidates who are interested should send a detailed CV in English to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Extra and more precise information on the job places will be given once we receive the CVs.